Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tarantula

Pancakes!!!!
questions from my dad, as always. 

Questions: Who are the people in your neighborhood (Any neighbors or characters)? we live in an appartment building so we dont really know our neighbors but we're planning on giving everyone in our building a pass along card with our number this week so we'll tell you how that goes.
 

What was something nice someone did for you this week?  everyone here is so nice. and youll realize that the things people do for you when youre on a mission, you can never fully repay them for the love and kindness they showed you. just a cup of water or someone in church just coming up to me and asking me how its going is a nice gesture that goes a lot longer than you would think.

What is one thing you were grateful for this week? im grateful for everything. Brazil is so beautiful, its awesome, my life's pretty sweet.

 Is there a word in Portuguese that is way better at describing something than we have in English? yes but not that I fully understand yet... haha like I hear some words and know how to use them but I cant really tell you what they mean.. i just know when to use it... haha...sowwy

SSSOOOO this week I saw something that I dont ever want to see again.
so we were walking along the road and one side had houses and the other side was jungle and bamboo. so the girl in front of us starts screaming and stomping her foot so vigorously she almost breaks her ankle on the curb and im like what the heck is this? she literally just flipped out. so as we approach her I see this big fat tarantula still fighting for life. my first thought was, it kinda looked like a crab, which is wayyy less frightening. but then my second thought was Dear Father in Heaven why here? so yeah I now think every big chunk of fur on the street or every dark shadow as big as my hand is a tarantula. so theres that. 

So I also realized that the US should move thanksgiving to like the 3-4 of november because everyone here is aready singing christmas songs and getting out christmas decorations and im like WAIT WE STILL HAVE... wait, no we dont have another holiday before christmas. so me and my comp started a christmas tree fund and if we both stay here another transfer (God willing) we're going to buy a tree. haha


Sunday was actually really hard cause this family that I love and is inactive and recently baptised, didnt come to church for like the 6th time in a row and we had been working with them all week and had a awesome family night with them and the dad gave the lesson and it was sick and everyone said they would go to church and id bring my camera to get a picture all together and sunday morning when we called to make sure they would go to church, the mom said her daughter was sick and so they took her to the doctors so thats why they werent at church. it was super sad but i went over there after church and they we were both kinda sad and asked why i was so sad, and i told them that its tough. missionary work is tough. you work all week long and put your heart into people and then when sunday rolls around no one comes to church to partake of the joy therein, and to progress and learn. so they felt bad, but im pretty sure next sunday theyll all go to church. haha

oh, I´ve also decided to tell my self my mission is 30 months (2 1/2 years) so that it will seem like it is super short. it also makes me want to work harder cause im here for so longer so if i say something about how much longer i have on the mish and it seems weird, thats why.
ALSO, tomorrow we have a conference with the presidente of the misson and a few other zones, so how this works is every transfer we either have an interview with the presidente or a conferencie de zona which actually includes a few other zones but its like all day in Juiz De Fora. 

So the lideras de Zona called TODAY and said that I have to recite from memory the 4th lesson os mandamentos, doutrina e compromissos. this is freaking long and my comp told me yesterday that if i had to say anything at the conference it would be lesson one or two because im still a fairly new missionary. so for the rest of today and tomorrow i will be praying and trying to memorize this page in my planar. haha but really im excited.
so yeah thats all for this week, we´ll see how the next week goes, we could potentially have a batismo on sunday but well see how that goes. I love you guys and think about you guys all the time!!! Love you!
Elder Hamm 








Chocolate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment