Monday, June 13, 2016

Good questions for the last letter



As you are near the end of your mission, what would you tell someone considering a mission about how to prepare?  Study the scriptures and go out with the missionaries. That's probably the best you could do. 

What challenged you the most about your mission?  On the mission there are a lot of challenges and a lot of really hard times. Its hard to try to isolate just one thing that was the hardest but I would say having a companion that you dont like, is probably the hardest. You just wanna hit him in the face as hard as you possibaly can but you know you cant. You wanna just run away and be alone for a day or a few hours but you cant. You have to be patient. You have to try to love him. That's extremely hard for me because for years I held grudges. I would get mad quickly and so for the past 2 years Ive been working on losing those time-earned habits.  

Do you think you have changed? If so how? I have definitely changed. If I havent changed then the mission would be of no purpose. Interesting about the change is it's not so much losing weight, or getting older (that's happened too) but it's more about the inner you. I'm still me. I love to joke around, a lot of the time more than I should. I still have problems obeying those little white rules that dont really seem to make a difference. I still have weaknesses and things I struggle with. The difference is I now know how to get through any problem. Bold, right? I know the cure for any broken heart. I know where I can find peace and love and comfort that no beer or drugs any worldly pleasure could give me. I know where true happiness lies and I know that I am destined for much more than I´ve been living up to. 

Knowing these things, sadly, doesn't mean I will always live them with perfect ease. There will be times when I´ll fall. But I know I have to get back up. I might get distracted and lose sight briefly of the straight and narrow path. But I know the process well, for as far as ive fallen, ive gotten back up. So am I different, absolutely. Will you be able to see the difference? Maybe, maybe not. But by your fruits you will know them. Ask me again in 10 years if the mission changed me and then you´ll see. 

I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ here on the earth. I know that this is the only church on the whole earth that has the authority of God to baptize and make promises with God that are sealed here on earth and in Heaven. I know that my Savior lives. I know that through His sacrifice I can be made clean and pure. I can be forgiven of my sins, even the worst ones I dont want anyone to know about, He knows, and He has forgiven me. I know that God has a plan for everyone here on earth and even if you dont see it He helps you out everyday. He watches you and cares for you and wants the best. I know that the Leaders of the church, Presidents, Bishops, Apostles, Prophets, I know that they are all called of God and He called them because He needed their skills to bring his work forward. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that everything about it is true. I know that God gave it to us to have the rest of the eternal gospel that was lost over the many years and alterations of the Bible. I know this is all true and I now have a burning desire to share it with everyone I know because this is eternal life. This is happiness that lasts longer than a high and doesn't give you a hangover. 

I love you guys and I love the mission. I came on the mission out of plain obedience to the commandment that all worthy young men should serve a mission. I stayed on the misson because I learned the true meaning of the commandment. I think serving a mission is my favorite commandment.  haha!  Love you guys.  See you soon. 

The last letter of,
Elder Hamm

I fee like there should be some dramatic ending like The end. or something hahah, but yeah, maybe like Over and out. yeahh

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment