Wednesday, August 13, 2014

sooo first week in my Brazilian Prison

So yeah Brazil is awesome already and I haven't even explored it much. So im just gonna jump right into things since I don't have too much time. The food here is fantastic, I have also grown very fond of beans and rice. My new district is cool but I do miss my old ones alot. My companion is Elder L a farmer from idaho. haha Hes awesome and is so easy going. For meals there's normally two main dishes, both of them are meat and are so delicious, and then they always have little bananas and normally some tropical fruit.
I live in a room with 5 other guys who are so awesome. my room has a view of the court yard inside the compound, I mean MTC. But the people across from us have a nice view of Brazil so I'll have to send you a picture. so in our room, its me, my companion, Elder M and Elder D, who are in our district from America, and 2 Brazilaros who are native Brazillians. they do this so we can interact with them, learn the dialect and etc. They are the funniest guys in the world and I love them to death. at night It seems like all we do is make jokes with them. they are freaking awesome. haha So they found out my first name is Jacob and the made the connection with twilight so now every time they see me they yell jacob is a love like bella would use, I dunno why but I laugh so hard ever time I hear it. One night they also told us they were really from america so we call them the americans everytime we see them.
the language is really hard and it is kinda annoying when companions are not at the same level of language.  todo bem. I still love him.
God has been helping me so much with the language some times I feel bad asking for more help. I can promise you that there is no way I could be where I am in the language without the help of Heavenly Father. somedays I'll be really struggle with understanding because the brazillians speak so fast but its all good cause the faster they speak the harder I have to work. I know that I was called of God to come to Brazil and I know that I am doing the Lord's work. The only way to do His work is through learning the language and I know that He's helping me. most of the time I'll be talking to a brazillian or a investigator and the word I need will be divinely put into my mind, a word that I might have read once, while aimlessly flipping through the dictionary.
well P days here you kinda get shafted becasue I only have 30-45 minutes on the computer and the computers cant send pictures. which sucks. and we have to wake up at 5:40 and be outta here on a bus by 6:30 to make it to the temple on time in traffic. then we get back at 2:45 have little time on the computer wander around brazil, oh yeah we can leave the compound on PDays and walk around a few blocks so thats cool. there are a lot of stores in our area so that'll be fun. but yeah then I have to be back by 5:45 for dinner and then Pdays over.
SOOO I love you guys so much! I miss you but I know I'm doing the Lord's work and changing peoples lives for the better. its not about baptisims, its not about trying to get more people to come to church, It's about happiness. and to me the Gospel is happiness and I want others to understand and feel the joy I feel too. that's why I'm out here and If they reject it, thats fine. they're not ready for the committment and I understand that. the other day I realized I would probably have 2 or 3 tattoos if it weren't for my fear of committment. haha ta bom
Love, 
Elder Hamm

No comments:

Post a Comment