Monday, October 26, 2015

Life in the Office. Working hard or hardly working....


Dad's questions:  
Getting settled into the new routine?  Any idea why you got the position?  Yeah things are good here. I share a computer with Elder S who's the other assistant and is super chill. I know exactly why I got this position. because when I got here Elder W was waiting in the bus station with my comp and i literally look at him with this stale face and he busts out laughing. it was him that begged the presidente to send me here cause we´ve been buddies for a while now. haha hes a goon. but its chill here. 

What can you tell us about Juiz De Fora?  Is it a really big city? Juiz de Fora isnt that big of a city. The center is pretty big and busy but our area is like a 20 minute bus ride from center and its like a suburb where there isnt that much hussle and bustle. its pretty calm. but Juiz de Fora is a beautiful city with even more beautiful girls. literally there are so many beautiful women here. its redicious.

Are there a lot of missionaries in the city?  yes. this city has about 6 pairs of missionaries, 2 are sisters.

Are there a lot of wards? Well im in the same ward as the AP´s and the other 2 secretaries share a ward with the sisters. so here in Juiz De Fora there are really only 2 wards. but they are growing fast.

Who else do you work with in the office? I work in the mornings so every morning, (not friday or sunday) we go to the office at 10-12:30ish to pass references to people, see if they contacted these references and help the other secretaries. I work with the two other secretaries and my comp, the financial secretary and the secretary of the mission which is Elder B, my buddy from the mtc in provo. The assistants normally only enter the office at tarde or at night. We work after lunch in our area while the other 2 secretaries come back to the office. So basically im calling half the mission every morning passing references and chatting with my buddies so its supppper chill. haha our phone is one of the 3 phones on the mission that can send texts and can call anyone in the mission so thats taking some adjusting to.


But yeah I have yet to see the presidente because he was off traveling to other parts of the mission, but I am loving being in the office. its super chill and everyone here is one of my friends from earlier on in the mission.

One hard part about it is we live next to the office, so all the newbies and the guys going home sleep in our house and last week we had the an [interesting] group of newbies in our house. They were all supppper loud and talking about how many people they're gonna baptize and how their dad was assistant and all that. Then they all walked suppppper slow so we were late taking them to a meeting with the assistants and president. but yeah the good news is this next group leaving will be Elder M, Elder C, Elder W, Elder L, Elder R, pretty much everyone I love on the mission will be going home the 1 of december and I'll be in the office to see all of them!! Thats a tender mercy. 

So the other night we built a mega fort in our house because we have like 20 mattresses and blankets and it was pretty much the best fort ive ever built. We had two rooms, one where we all slept there and the other was the War room where we played War the board game. haha it was awesome. We drank coke and ate candy too. ill send you a picture.

Also this week we taught this young mother about the Restoration. While I was trying to help this lady with her doubts about Joseph smith and if he really was a prophet using the Book of Mormon she really just wasnt understanding. So I was saying that the Book of Mormon is the key to know if all this is true and that she has to read it, at least one page, to know if the book really is sacred scriptures. She still had her doubts so I deicded to bear my testimony one last time about the joy this book brings into my life and while I was bearing it she kinda started laugthing and I looked at my comp and he was kinda smiling because she started laughing at random and when I asked what was funny she said, I can see you know this book really is true. I can see it in your eyes, there's almost like a flicker of flame in your eyes when you are telling me that this book really is scriptures. And I said, This is my joy. This is why i left my house, my family, my friends, for two years, because I know this book can help you. And she decided to take the challenge to read the book of mormon and ask God! it was sweet. 

Miss you guys!
Love,
Elder Hamm

No comments:

Post a Comment