Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Yes Dad, they have milk here.


Yes Dad, They have milk here. But they don't refrigerate it.  haha But I'm pretty sure its still milk.  I refrigerate it when I get home because lukewarm chocolate milk is nasty.  

So, this week was a loooot of work, but its good for the soul. 


So this week I did something superrr cool, drum rolll please..... I got.... a... CPF!!! that pretty much means I am a registered person here in Brasil. This is a number for life so this will be the number I use whenever Im in trying to go to brasil or buy something online. So normally only Brasillians have this number but if an american has all his documents and goes to the receita federal and stuff he can get one too. I also kinda chatted it up with the girl at the front desk and I kid you not, instead of waiting 3 hours to do this it took 5 minutes cause she gave me a ticket stub that they literally called next... Haha what can I say, the smolder works on brasilinas too.

We had  2 of our investigators who were literally hours away from going into the font, back out of baptism for some unknown reason... It was suppper sad. But our third investigator was baptized! And i got to give her the holy ghost! And the two who didnt wanna be baptized still went to the baptism which and made me even more sad.  But we felt sad for one because she knew everything, knew it was important and knew that only The church of Jesus christ of Latter day saints has the authority to baptise for the remission of sins and decided that she liked her church better. It was sad for everyone.

we are just doin so much work here we are working with a suppppper cool family of 6 actually. G lives with R and they have 4 daughters ranging from the ages of 15 to 5. They are all just so awesome. Just that G wants to get married and R doesnt.... but we´re probably gonna baptize their daughters while they are thinking about if they want to get married or not. That should be some good incentives.

Yeah this is my buddie Thor.
We're just lookin at some other
dogs on the street.  Hes
super sick
this is us again. the dog he was
barking at didn't want him....
I'm glad I could be there for him
in this time of need.  *just a
photo observation, his arm is
literally as big as mine is.....
I also played with a saint bernard this week! He was freakin huge!!! So we get there to this ladies house and Im with Elder S and shes like yeah just let me put the dog away and shes like fighting with him in a narrow hallways and were a few yards behind her and Thor (the name of the dog)  pretty much shoves her aside and starts running after us and she kinda screams so me and S take off running to the gate cause if that dog bites your hand, its like from the elbow down this dog is so freakin big. So we run and slam the gate shut and we both are holding it shut while Thor is jumping on the gate almost knocking us down. Thats when we see the owner literally crying because of laugher. Turns out this dog doesnt bite. She just didnt want him to slobber all over us. Hahaha so we played with him after and took a few pictures. 

Love you guys!! 

this mango is literally the dankest little mango in the world. Its the size of your palm but its a lot sweeter and juicer. i ts delicious and i bought a bag because its in season
Elder Hamm






No comments:

Post a Comment