Tuesday, September 1, 2015

WOOOOO

Do they eat ice cream there? yeah I actually made icecream the other day but it wasnt like we make at home. haha it was with a package and flavoring and milk. it was.... okay. 

  Do a lot of women stay home or do most of them work outside the home? almost all of the women here work. Either cleaning other peoples houses, selling stuff on the street, sowing (a lot of people sow) or doing something esle.  but most all of them work.  

Did you fly from São Paulo to Juiz de Fora or take a bus? I flew from São Paulo to Rio de Janeiro and then took a bus for 3 hours but now Juiz de Fora is doing more flights so the newbies are flying from São paulo to Juiz de Fora and taking a bus for 30 minutes to the office. 

Soooo I made a cement roof this week. It was actually a second floor to a house and they had one of those cement machines to turn the cement so it was actually super easy. we just put the right stuff in the mixer, rocks, water, sand, and 1 bag of cement. then poured it into buckets and haulled it up to the second story and layed it on the stuff we prepared last week. that was sick. But normally people dont have the money to rent on of those mixers so I was makin fun of the owner A (whos super cool and always trys to make me drive his car. haha) saying that I didnt even work up a sweat so he made me mix like a fourth of the bag of cement and rocks and sand on the ground with a hoe like most people do. And MAN that was a good workout. It really works about every single muscle on your body haha I have a video of it but my camera is still acting like a child so Ill send it later. Then we had barbeque.... Again. haha 

interviews with the prez tomorrow. Im not the least bit excited for that.


OH M. So M is like my adopted brother, He is an investigator in the area of the other Elders but hes also dating A, the Daughter of Presidente D whos family we love so much. So M is always over there and the first time I saw him I kinda froze and thought, "yo this guys could be my best friend or we could literally start throwin' fists right now" Cause this guy, I dunno, something about him reminds me, of me. The first thing you recongize is hes built, like one of the Bells. The second thing is hes got tattoes on his left arm which are SICK. But long story short, even though hes in the area of the other dupla hes already told them that me and him conect more than anyone else. So the other day I was over at the D's and im just outside the front door playing with the dog and he arrives and sits next to me and I could kinda tell something was different. He said "E aí brother. what do you got thats good?" and this was after I kinda got some bad news emailing my friends so I kinda sat there and was like, "I got nothin man, You?" And he kinda sits there and hes like "yeah I got nothing too man. Hey So remember a few days ago when you and Elder M called me aside to talk about baptism? Well I thought about it, and Ive decided on what I want to do." I kinda stopped petting the dog and look over at him kinda smiling and ask, "Well, what did you decide?" and he starts "look you know I want to close my arm with tattos before I get baptised anddd... I was really thinkin about stuff and in one month, I wanna be baptised." And im just like, "seriously M this is about the only good news I recieved today. Im proud of you man..." and he kinda cuts me off "Wait theres more, I was also thinkin about you guys and all that youve done for me. And I was thinking, that, maybe, I decided that I wanna serve a mission." 
And so we hugged and we were both kinda tearing up. And hes like "And you know I wouldnt want anyone else other than my brother to baptism me. Hamm tu vai me batizar?" And of course I said I would and I said, you gonna tell the other guys? and he said maybe later. haha but it was just one of those rare expeirences on the mission where you can really help someone find the truth. You can really show them what they´re needing. Sometimes you´ll help people find the treasure at the end of a journey they didnt even know they were on. That is the Gospel of Jesus Crist. 

I love you guys!! miss you all so much!! 

love 
Elder Hamm

No comments:

Post a Comment